The best way to keep your toenail fungus from spreading nail to nail and foot to foot is to keep your nails and feet dry. I will list 11 simple tips to keep your nails dry to help stop the spread at the end of this article. First I would like to talk a little bit about toenail fungus, there is no toenail fungus cure or treatment that will work over night and most home remedies do not work. Most treatments take 6 to 18 months to eradicate the fungus.
Toenail fungus thrives and breeds at the front of your nails where the nail over hangs from the nail bed, and that is why it is very important to keep your nails clipped back to the nail bed, it would help a lot both from spreading the fungus, and to help kill off the fungus. The fungus also thrives if you are always wearing warm wet shoes, like shoes that do not let your feet breath Fungus Clear and dry out. You must remember to be vigilant, and do not get frustrated, like I said there is no fast toenail fungus cure, you must be patient and work hard at killing the fungus.
There are several treatments out there from oral medication to topical solutions, there is also surgery but that is rarely considered. Oral medication works around 80% of the time but is usually a last option for most people because most think it is not worth the risks; mostly people that are in pain from the fungus use oral medication and it is very rare for the fungus to be painful. Topical treatments can work if you follow a routine to keep the nails fungus free as the new nail grows out. Most topical treatments have no side effects, which makes it an attractive toenail fungus cure or treatment. Following the simple steps I list below will help from spreading the fungus any further and also help you keep your nails fungus free.
Here are some techniques you can use to keep you toenails and feet dry and keep your fungus from spreading:
1. Dry your nails and between your toes with a hair dryer set on cool after bathing or shower.
2. Put foot powder in your socks and shoes, yeast free powder is best.
3. Buy shoes with good ventilation to let your feet breath.
4. Go bare foot or just socks while at home.
5. On hot summer days wear open toed shoes or sandals.
6. Change into dry shoes and socks after a workout.
7. If you have wet shoes let them dry out completely overnight before you wear them again.
8. Keep your nails clipped back to the nail bed at all times.
9. Always keep an extra dry pair of socks and shoes when you go out.